Xenia XBox 360 emulator for Android & iOS
Xenia emulator is an open source research project for emulating Xbox 360 games on modern PCs and Android & iOS devices. Code and content are covered under a BSD license.
DISCLAIMER: xenia is not for enabling illegal activity. The goal of this project is to experiment, research, and educate on the topic of emulation of modern devices and operating systems.
All information is obtained via reverse engineering of legally purchased devices, games, and information made public on the internet.
Xenia will never be able to connect to the real Xbox Live network.
A simulated Live-like network is possible, however anything that interfaces with the official Microsoft services is not only not possible, but not something the project seeks to enable.
A lot of corners are cut for one reason or another: performance, lack of understanding, lack of documentation, etc.
Getting something that perfectly matches the output on a real console isn’t really possible with our approach.
Conversely, this allows much more freedom to provide higher-quality or faster implementations.
Some multiplayer games are peer-to-peer, however many have some server component required for either matchmaking or actual session hosting.
Though it’d be possible to work with such homebrew servers if projects sprung up to support them Xenia itself will not be attempting to do so.
Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility
Microsoft released a compatibility layer that enabled original Xbox games to run on the 360.
Though likely feasible to get running under Xenia, it’s not a goal.
There’s likely to be a lot of trickery going on that most games don’t do, and distribution of the compatibility layer isn’t possible.
- Android (7.0 Lollipop or higher)
- iOS (9.0 or higher)
- A processor with support for 32-bit applications (either ARMv8 or x86-64).
- iPhone 8+ (or equivalente iPad)
- 4 GB minimum (6 GB recommended)
- GPUs without ROV (rasterizer-ordered view) / fragment shader interlock support will perform worse and possibly have more graphical issues. Integrated GPUs will also generally provide too low frame rates for comfortable playing.
- GPUs also fall under this due to Xenia triggering driver bugs causing crashes when its ROV-based rendering path is used.
Xenia doesn’t require any Xbox 360 system files.
Xenia will check for the minimum supported CPU and GPU on startup and error out if one is not detected.
Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed.
You cannot just remove the checks in the code and assume things will work.
Xenia is sometimes detected as a virus; ignore this, as it is a false positive.
Experimental beta program is now open for mobile version.
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://www.zexod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://www.zexod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app
Follow us on social networks in the links below to support us or give us feedback: