Artemis Play Station 3 emulator for Android & iOS
Artemis PS3 emulator is a multi-platform open-source Sony Play Station 3 emulator and debugger written in C++ for Windows, Linux, BSD and now for Android and iOS.
The purpose of Artemis PS3 emulator project is to completely and accurately emulate the Sony Play Station 3 Computer Entertainment System in its entirety with the power of open-source community and reverse engineering.
The developers goal is to preserve the legacy of the Play Station 3 hardware and its vast library by bringing it and its exclusives to the mobile platform.
The team want to achieve this by targeting and supporting multiple operating systems as well as being compatible with a wide range of smartphone hardware with realistic requirements.
Artemis PS3 emulator was first hosted on Google Code and was eventually migrated to GitHub later on in its development.
The emulator’s first successful game boot were primarily composed of smaller homebrew projects and focused hardware tests.
Artemis PS3 was later publicly released in June of 2020 for Android and gained substantial attention from both the open-source community and Play Station enthusiasts alike.
The project is currently maintained and organized by a unique cast of characters, all with meaningful roles to contribute to different aspects of the project.
Whether it’s working on the emulator directly, coordinating community efforts or even keeping this very website current, everyone plays a role that adds to the bigger picture.
Internal team members aren’t the only contributors; a lot of the progress made in making Play Station 3 emulation possible on smartphones is thanks to the many developers they’ve received contributions from in their GitHub community.
While many developers do come and go, they do welcome anyone and everyone who is interested in improving the codebase.
- Android (10.0 Lollipop or higher)
- iOS (12.0 or higher)
- A processor with support for 64-bit applications (either ARMv8 or x86-64).
- A graphics processor that supports OpenGL ES 3.0 or higher. Performance varies heavily with driver quality.
- A graphics processor that supports standard desktop OpenGL features is recommended for best performance.
This app can only be installed on devices that satisfy the above requirements.
Attempting to install on an unsupported device will fail and display an error message.
- Artemis PS3 for Android: artemis-latest.apk
- Artemis PS3 for iOS: artemis-latest.ipa
- Open this link on your browser and download BIOS file: https://www.zexod.com/download-category/bios/
- Move the BIOS file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/bios/ (if this folder doesn’t exist please create it)
- Open this link on your browser and download Data file: https://www.zexod.com/download-category/data/
- Move the Data .obb file (part 1 and part 2) on the following directory in your device: /android/data/com.cobesoft.build22/data/
- Launch the app