GPCS4 emulator for Android & iOS
GPCS4 is a PS4 emulator which was just started now compatible with Android and iOS devices.
Was a project created for fun, and for technical research.
The emulator still has many bugs, but having only been in development for a little over two years, the list of titles that make it in-game is a lot bigger than you may expect.
First correct image rendered, although this is a 2D image demo, it’s actually rendered in a 3D pipeline.
There is still some hard-coded test code, but with more design, and most importantly, using our shader translator. There won’t be any hand-written shaders anymore.
Next I’ll focus on Nier and improve the graphics implementation.
GPCS4 will recompile all the shaders, untiling all the textures and upload all the buffers every frame, making it less efficient.
Besides, there are still some problems in the game pad emulation.
Gaming performance can also differ between Android OS and iOS due to different graphics API,s but the compatibility remains the same across both operating systems.
- Android (10.0 Lollipop or higher)
- iOS (12.0 or higher)
- A processor with support for 64-bit applications (either ARMv8 or x86-64).
- iPhone 10+ (or equivalente iPad)
- 6 GB minimum (8 GB recommended)
- GPCS4 emulator requires a GPU to support at least Direct 3D 11.1 and Pixel shader model 5.0.
- GPUs also fall under this due to PS4 triggering driver bugs causing crashes when its ROV-based rendering path is used.
GPCS4 is optimized to use up to 8 cores of a processor but requires at least 4 core processor with SSE-4.2 and AVX.
The current state of gpcs4 at booting decrypted kernels can be followed in the issue tracker: both PS4 4.55 and PS4 5.00 have been tested.
Follow us on social networks in the links below to support us or give us feedback: