fpPS4 emulator for Android & iOS
fpPS4 is a PS4 emulator which is just started now compatible with Android and iOS.
The project developed by red-prig is in its early stage and is icensed under the MIT license.
The emulator still has many bugs, but having only been in development for a little over this years, the list of titles that make it in-game is a lot bigger than you may expect.
fpPS4 already runs some commercial games such as Undertale, Spelunky, Cursed Castilla, We are doomed and Sonic Mania.
These games running on fpPS4, with various levels of success but audio seems to be glitchy in some cases, and the framerate is still not there for 3D games.
Overall however, it’s showing massive improvements compared to past PS4 emulator releases, so this is great news.
First correct image rendered, although this is a 2D image demo, it’s actually rendered in a 3D pipeline.
There is still some hard-coded test code, but with more design, and most importantly, using our shader translator.
fpPS4 will recompile all the shaders, untiling all the textures and upload all the buffers every frame, making it less efficient.
Gaming performance can also differ between Android OS and iOS due to different graphics API, but the compatibility remains the same across both operating systems.
- Android (10.0 Lollipop or higher)
- iOS (12.0 or higher)
- An octa core processor with support for 64-bit applications (either ARMv8 or x86-64).
- iPhone 10+ (or equivalente iPad)
- 6 GB minimum (8 GB recommended)
- fpPS4 Emulator requires a GPU to support at least Direct 3D 11.1 and Pixel shader model 5.0.
- GPUs also fall under this due to PS4 triggering driver bugs causing crashes when its ROV-based rendering path is used.
fpPS4 is optimized to use up to 8 cores of a processor but requires at least 4 core processor with SSE-4.2 and AVX.
The current state of fpPS4 at booting decrypted kernels can be followed in the issue tracker: PS4 4.55 and 5.00 have been tested.
- fpPS4 emulator for Android: fpps4-latest.apk
- fpPS4 emulator for iOS: fpps4-latest.ipa
Follow us on social networks in the links below to support us or give us feedback: