Citra 3DS emulator for Android and iOS
Citra emulator is an official app for mobile devices based on the open source code on github which can run Nintendo 3DS emulator games on Android and iOS devices.
Since this code is almost entirely a copy of the Dolphin frontend,there are a lot of useless segments in here that aren’t being used … or are useless.
- Android (5.0 Lollipop or higher).
- iOS (8.0 or higher).
- A processor with support for either ARMv8 or x86-64; 32-bit processors (ARMv7, x86) are not supported by Citra.
- A graphics processor that supports OpenGL ES 3.2 or higher.
- RAM: 4 GB minimum (6 GB recommended)
The latest version is aviable on the one of the link below.
You can download Citra for Android and iOS from Github, but keep in mind it’s certainly not in its best state yet.
It has a number of issues and the performance is poor in most games, though it might be worth checking out anyway!
Note that Citra can only play decrypted files with the “.cci” file extension, which you can get by decrypting the games using your hacked Nintendo 3DS.
If you decrypt your games to a .3ds file format, you can just rename it to .cci.
You’re all set, now hit build.
Since this is in very early stages of development a lot of things don’t quite work properly yet:
- Colors in games (since GLES doesn’t support BGR color ordering, the color channels may be inverted);
- Since this is based on an older version of Citra, bugs solved on newer versions of Citra may still be present.
- Citra emulator for Android: citra-update.apk
- Citra emulator for iOS: citra-update.ipa
Follow us on social networks in the links below to support us or give us feedback: